KaibaLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yu-Gi-Oh: then and now

3 posters

Go down

Yu-Gi-Oh: then and now Empty Yu-Gi-Oh: then and now

Post  frenchsnake Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:33 am

So... I caught an episode of one of the new Yu-Gi-Oh series a little while ago, the one where they seem to duel on motorcycles for some reason (oh Yu-Gi-Oh abridged, and I thought you were kidding). And it sounded to me like the voice of the random thug the main character was fighting was the voice of Yami Yugi. How the mighty have fallen, I guess. Although I still get an inordinate amount of pleasure thinking of how the pharaoh was humiliated in the Orichalcos arc. Heh.
frenchsnake
frenchsnake

Back to top Go down

Yu-Gi-Oh: then and now Empty Re: Yu-Gi-Oh: then and now

Post  Spyke Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:31 am

GX was tolerable but still butchery but this 5Ds is the biggest hunk of crap that I have seen, not only has the mighty franchise fallen but its so unbearable I can't call it Yu-Gi-Oh! the backstory is good enough but the duelling bikes and futuristic thing seems like its trying to please 5 year old robocop and transformers nerds and not the loyal fans such as us.
Even the Abridged series brings more joy to my heart over GX and 5Ds but then again the Abridged is so incredible its amazing almost!!
Spyke
Spyke

Back to top Go down

Post  KaibaGirl007 Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:14 pm

I watched a couple of subbed, - badly subbed might I add, - vids on YouTube ages ago but never got into it. I also don't watch TV anymore (unless it's something that's been recomended, waited for, or pre-school programmes that my daughters watch) so I don't even know if the dub has made it's way on to British TV yet. Neutral

I'm really not interested in GX either as what drew me to YuGiOh in the first place was the characters. (mainly the Kaibas) And the less I hear of Dan Green's voice, the better, lol.

Spyke wrote: the Abridged is so incredible its amazing almost!!
*gasps* Almost?! It's a good job my inner LittleKuriboh fangirl is asleep right now or she'd throw a hissy fit. Razz
KaibaGirl007
KaibaGirl007
Admin

https://kaibaland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Spyke Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:07 pm

KaibaGirl007 wrote:I watched a couple of subbed, - badly subbed might I add, - vids on YouTube ages ago but never got into it. I also don't watch TV anymore (unless it's something that's been recomended, waited for, or pre-school programmes that my daughters watch) so I don't even know if the dub has made it's way on to British TV yet. Neutral

I'm really not interested in GX either as what drew me to YuGiOh in the first place was the characters. (mainly the Kaibas) And the less I hear of Dan Green's voice, the better, lol.

Spyke wrote: the Abridged is so incredible its amazing almost!!
*gasps* Almost?! It's a good job my inner LittleKuriboh fangirl is asleep right now or she'd throw a hissy fit. Razz

After what Marik did to Team Four Star, there's no way I can abel TAS as amazing! He's truly evil to do something like that!!!
Spyke
Spyke

Back to top Go down

Post  frenchsnake Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:19 pm

Huh, I must be behind TAS by a few episodes. Marik's evil council is still one of my favorites ever, though ^_^
frenchsnake
frenchsnake

Back to top Go down

Post  KaibaGirl007 Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:49 am

Spyke wrote:After what Marik did to Team Four Star, there's no way I can abel TAS as amazing! He's truly evil to do something like that!!!

Lol, I never liked Team Four Star that much anyway. Besides didn't you listen to 'Dan Green' and find their new channel?

Sorry Sarah, kinda hijacked your topic. What were we talking about again? Oh yeah, Duel Monsters on motorbikes ........ I got nothing to say.
KaibaGirl007
KaibaGirl007
Admin

https://kaibaland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Spyke Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:33 am

Full of calcium or not I was for TFS before Dan Green announced the new channel. Besides, Ghost Nappa ftw!
Spyke
Spyke

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum