KaibaLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who the heck am I?

5 posters

Go down

Who the heck am I? Empty Who the heck am I?

Post  Dark Star Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:14 pm

Hi -- well, the answer to that is I'm Dark Star here and there, Starwefter a few other places...

Kaibagirl007 sucked me into this. I know her from fanfic.net.

Hmmmmm.... what to say... what... to... say......

I got to watching Yugioh when my kid started watching it -- mostly on DVDs from our public library which left us both rather out of order and behind the storyline. I went from not being sure about it to liking and respecting the show. Eventually we had to track down both all the DVDs and all the manga. My favorite character is Seto Kaiba, but Joey runs a close second.

In real life I have a husband, an 11-year-old kid who just started middle school, and a cat. We live in the South Dakota, but my husband's originally from Massachusetts and we met in Louisiana at library school. Next lifetime we need to grow up next door to each other, this moving around is for the birds...

What else do you want to know....?
Dark Star
Dark Star

http://www.hikarikat.com/starwefter/

Back to top Go down

Who the heck am I? Empty Re: Who the heck am I?

Post  KaibaGirl007 Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:35 am

Thanks again for joining and posting. *cwtch* I kinda sucked you into a few things didn't I, lol.

The DVD releases here in the UK are a joke. I collected vols 1-9 (they went up to 12 I think) and then they vanished from the shelves! So I turned to the internet for my complete seasons one, two and three box sets, and I'm quite happy to stop there. When they finally started releasing the manga over here I managed to collect up to YuGiOh Duelist vol 20 and that's where I've stopped since I can't track down the next volume (not even on the internet) I suppose that I could skip vol 21, but I'm the kind of person that has to get them in order. Razz One day I will have them all.

I have no idea of the distance involved between the States, but kinda know how you feel as it's sort of similar with me and my husband. It's okay here in Cardiff but I wanna go back to Hull ...
KaibaGirl007
KaibaGirl007
Admin

https://kaibaland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CrimsonWings Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:20 am

Hello there! It's nice to meetcha! That's an interesting jump around states. lol What made you after all that decide on SD? And I hope I don't sound rude, but what's library school? xP
CrimsonWings
CrimsonWings

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Star Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:30 am

Actually drug him back to my home town -- yep, in this oh-so-unpopulated state, not only are some people living, but a few of us were actually born here and never managed to really escape. Or at least not for long. I don't mind, but the hubby really misses the ocean.

Library school... for our sins we went off to get degrees in library science. Never got a professional level job in the field afterwards, so it must have been so we could meet instead.
Dark Star
Dark Star

Back to top Go down

Post  frenchsnake Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:58 am

Nice to meet you ^_^ I was surprised to see people I didn't know popping up here after all this time, lol
frenchsnake
frenchsnake

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Star Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:13 pm

It's all Kaibagirl's fault... I started reviewing her story on fanfic.net and the rest is history -- no, wait, the only reason I was on ff.net was because I was (and still am) trying to write a gift fic for a guy named Shawn from the Animated Life Forums, so maybe it's his fault -- no, that means it's the fault of Animated Life, because they used to have harems, back before they crashed the server and couldn't afford a dedicated one, so I guess it's the fault of a woman in Texas who started that site because I blundered in there over two years ago looking for Yugioh pictures for my kid. And now the rest is history -- LJ, DeviantART, Twitter, KaibaLand, ff.net, etc., etc., etc..... One thing leads to another..... Shocked
Dark Star
Dark Star

Back to top Go down

Post  frenchsnake Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:23 pm

Hey, that's kind of like how I found the first Kaibaland Smile Hmm, when I first started on Kaibaland, I was in high school and living in upstate New York. Now I've graduated college and been living with my boyfriend in DC for over a year. Things have certainly changed... except, as Emma just pointed out, my taste in anime boys Razz
frenchsnake
frenchsnake

Back to top Go down

Post  littleconqueror Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:30 pm

Well, as long as your anime boys aren't as cool as me Very Happy

But hello there and welcome to this place!
littleconqueror
littleconqueror

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Star Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:39 pm

Well, I have a running joke with my husband about how I want Kaiba and he wants Jessie of Team Rocket -- except when he wants Elastigirl in various acrobatic positions... Him and his redheads.....
Dark Star
Dark Star

Back to top Go down

Post  frenchsnake Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:41 pm

littleconqueror wrote:Well, as long as your anime boys aren't as cool as me Very Happy

Oh Michael, you're the one I'm living with, no? And you did make dinner tonight Razz ^_^
frenchsnake
frenchsnake

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Star Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:13 pm

Sheesh, my husband made dinner, too! Chili!! Good men we got here!
Dark Star
Dark Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Star Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:41 pm

KaibaGirl007 wrote:When they finally started releasing the manga over here I managed to collect up to YuGiOh Duelist vol 20 and that's where I've stopped since I can't track down the next volume (not even on the internet) I suppose that I could skip vol 21, but I'm the kind of person that has to get them in order. Razz One day I will have them all.

I have no idea of the distance involved between the States, but kinda know how you feel as it's sort of similar with me and my husband. It's okay here in Cardiff but I wanna go back to Hull ...

Good Grief, I think I can help you with that... Powell's Books in Portland Oregon -- I've never been there (well over a thousand miles away - do you still think in miles or are you converted to kilometers in Wales?) but they are famous. Some people die and go to heaven. Us book lovers will die and go to Powell's.

They look like they have it in stock. I've been wondering what to get you.....
Dark Star
Dark Star

Back to top Go down

Post  KaibaGirl007 Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:16 am

We still measure in miles over here That's the only way I've ever known so without looking it up I couldn't tell you how long a kilometer is in any other format. Razz

Ah, you really don't need to get me anything. Embarassed
KaibaGirl007
KaibaGirl007
Admin

https://kaibaland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Star Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:40 am

Ah, but I want to one of these days when I'm far enough ahead financially. I'm just stuck on ideas.

Edit: Don't buy books! Local bookstore had them! One of these days you will have #21-24 as soon as I find some other stuff to add to it. You sent me Torchwood books after all.

I think in miles, too, and I didn't think Britain had converted, but wasn't sure these days... A couple places I post things have a few people in Europe and I have to remember to convert temperatures or such if I actually mention something so that it'll have some frame of reference for them. Online converters are my friend....

Last edited by Dark Star on Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added/updated info.)
Dark Star
Dark Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum